Here’s some of the things we’ve learned over the years:
Listen more than you talk.
What is the customers problem?
How can you solve it?
The customer will buy a solution to their problem.
Learn to ask with intelligence – Correct
Would you like to by my product? – Does not work very often.
SHOW vs TELL – Show how the suit fits.
Here’s an interesting selling video on YouTube:
1. Masage the emotional benefit. Not functional benefit.
People buy because of EMOTION, and justify the decision with LOGIC.
Imagine how you will feel when…
2. Create problem. Give product as solution.
How often do you run out of stock?
How much cash is in obsolete inventory?
Inventory Magic Spreadsheet to the rescue!
3. Attach a story to the product to differentiate from others.
The James Bond Tuxedo
The John F. Kennedy Pen
Here’s another interesting selling video on YouTube:
Do not talk too much. Let the client speak. Take notes. Be conscious of your body language.
1. What Motivated You To Meet With Us Today?
2. EXACTLY– What Are You Trying To Accomplish Here Today?
3. Where Are You Today? – And Where Do you Want To Be?
4. What Seems To Be The Problem? How Long Have You Had This Problem?
5. If This Meeting Accomplished Everything You Could Possibly Hope For— What Would That Look Like?
Finally, an excellent video featuring Denzel Washington